site-configs seem not to merge from custom AND standard folder

Maybe I misunderstood the help text. I read it that way, that the site-configs are merged from standard and custom subfolder.

But unfortunately this does not work. I have in the custom folder the file heise.de.txt, only with the line http_header(cookie): ssohls=xxx with my session cookie (paid subscription). But FTR does not merge this with the content of the file heise.de.txt from standard folder. Only if I copy the file from standard to custom and insert the one line for the cookie it works correctly again. But this won’t benefit from automatic pattern updates

Am I doing something wrong or have I misunderstood how it works?

This would be by the way also such a case, where one would like to have a function like:
include-conf: standard/heise.de.txt

…which I had already suggested on another occasion.

Alternatively or additionally a new subfolder would be conceivable, which is always merged:
site_config/credentials or
site_config/personal

Hi @HolgerAusB,

I read it that way, that the site-configs are merged from standard and custom subfolder.
But unfortunately this does not work.

That should be what happens. Are you able to enable debug output and paste the relevant part here (the site config loading)?

For my tests I use the URL:
https://www.heise.de/news/Geld-fuer-Elektroautos-Was-der-Staat-2023-noch-beisteuert-7443254.html
This is a free article that can be read in full by non-subscribers.

Before each test I cleared the APC cache in FTR 3.9.11. And by pressing F5 in the browser also cleared browser cache.

Under site_config/standard/heise.de.txt is the original from Github.

If I now set under site_config/custom/heise.de.txt a file with the content http_header(cookie): ssohls=xxxxx, the standard-config is not loaded. Here now the article images are missing and other customizations from the standard-config are also missing. I am a paying subscriber to ‘heise’, the cookie contains my personal credentials aka session-cookie.

If I now delete the config in custom the page is prepared again nicely for free articles, but of course not for the paid ones.

The whole thing works only if I copy heise.de.txt completely from standard to custom and insert my cookie header there. Unfortunately, I now have to manually insert my cookie every time there is a change of the default config on Github.

Debug-Log:

. looking for site config for heise.de in custom folder
* ... found site config (heise.de.txt)
* Adding site config to APC cache with key sc.heise.de
* Cached site config with key heise.de
* . looking for site config for heise.de in standard folder
* ... site config for heise.de already loaded in this request
* . merging config files
* Adding site config to APC cache with key sc.heise.de.merged
* Cached site config with key heise.de.merged
* Checking fingerprints...
* No fingerprint matches
* . looking for site config for global in custom folder
* . looking for site config for global in standard folder
* ... found site config in standard folder (global.txt)
...<cut>...
* ......sending cookies: ssohls=xxxxx

Checked this with annother news site and placed a config file fr.de.txt only with a #comment inside to the custom folder. The config from standard then is not loaded.