Reuters RSS feeds are down

Good morning,

I wanted to let the website administrators know that the Reuters RSS feeds shared here (and featured in tutorials here and here) haven’t updated in over a week. It appears that Reuters has changed their website which broke the feeds.

The FiveFilters blog post says that:

These feeds are hosted by our Feed Control application and we’ll do our best to keep them working, even if there are changes on the Reuters side.

As a result, I wanted to make sure that the site administrators knew that there were, indeed, changes on the Reuters side.

Thank you for all that you do - this is a wonderful service!

Hi there, many thanks for letting us know.

We’ve updated the feeds now so they should continue working. No change to the feed URLs are needed if you subscribe to them. The Wire webpage, however, is inaccessible on the Reuters site, so unless that changes, that particular feed will not get updates.

We’ve also updated the post mentioning the update.

Thanks again for letting us know about the change, and for the kind words about the service. Glad you’re finding it useful.

Wonderful! Thank you so much.

1 Like

I wanted to notify ya’ll that the awesome Reuters World News feed (World News | Reuters.com) that you had created has stopped updating since April 12th, sadly.
Looks like the front page one still updates though so I am not sure what the issue is.
It was wonderful while it lasted!

Thanks for letting us know. The Reuters site had some design changes which stopped our extractor from working. This should be fixed now.

This rocks! Thank you.

1 Like

Sadly the Reuters World News feed has been down for a month.
Anybody knows how to revive it?

Unfortunately Reuters appear to now be loading all their news items via Javascript. Feed Creator currently doesn’t support that, but it’s a feature we’re planning to implement in a future version, so it should be possible with the next release.

1 Like

For anyone interested in Reuters feeds, our guide on Google News RSS has an example showing you how to get a feed for Reuters news: Google News RSS feeds - FiveFilters.org