php error for linux-community.de

after latest changes to the site_config, adding multipage support for wallabag, Fultext-RSS raises an error when trying to get Fulltext. Can this be fixed?

php7.4:

Warning: DOMDocument::importNode(): Couldn't fetch JSLikeHTMLElement in /path/to/makefulltextfeed.php on line 876

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to DOMNode::appendChild() must be an instance of DOMNode, null given in /path/to/makefulltextfeed.php:877 Stack trace: #0 /path/to/makefulltextfeed.php(877): DOMNode->appendChild() #1 {main} thrown in /path/to/makefulltextfeed.php on line 877

php8.1:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Couldn't fetch JSLikeHTMLElement in /path/to/makefulltextfeed.php:876 Stack trace: #0 /path/to/makefulltextfeed.php(876): DOMDocument->importNode() #1 {main} thrown in /path/to/makefulltextfeed.php on line 876

found my-self. it was a combination of:

body: //div[contains(concat(' ',normalize-space(@class),' '),' td-post-content ')]
next_page_link: //a[contains(@class, 'next')]/@href

it works after adding an //article | in front of the body-part. Patch follows. I need to fix some more clutter before

Interesting. If you have steps to reproduce @HolgerAusB, happy to look into it. But great if you’ve found a fix :slight_smile:

I think, the problem is, that there is no class td-post-content in html source, so the body-selector runs dry. Normally FTR then tries to determine the content in another way. But in combination with next_page_link there seems to be a bug here.