Only some of the content retrieved on articles

Hi,

I’ve noticed that most of the longer articles/guides on website backlinko.com cannot be retrieved fully with Push to Kindle (Chrome).

Examples:

Thank you for this excellent plugin/service!

Thank you for reporting this. We’ve now added extraction rules to fix extraction from this site. The changes will take a few hours to take effect, but if you still have trouble after that, please do let us know.

Hi,

Thank you for quick reply.

When I’m trying to send these articles (https://backlinko.com/seo-this-year or https://backlinko.com/ecommerce-seo) to my Kindle I get this error notication:

error

Otherwise it’s now showing all of the content in the preview mode.

I’ve just had a look into this and it seems because of the number of images contained in the article, the final MOBI file size gets to around 15MB. And when it’s sent as an email attachment, the encoding brings that up to over 20MB, which is currently a limit that our service has. We’re going to review the limit and see if there’s something we can do to increase it for large documents like this.

In the meantime, you should be able to send it if you download the file from the download section below the send panel, using the MOBI link, and then send that as an attachment yourself to your Kindle email address.

Let us know if you have any trouble with that.

Hi,

Thank you for the info.

I tried the download option with Push to Kindle 2.2 (Firefox) and it’s working.

I never thought that the file size would get that high, but on the other hand there are lots of images in these articles.

1 Like

Hi,

Only some of the content from this article is being picked up. The article starts

“It seemed like such a good idea at the time: A merry-go-round hooked up to a water pump. In rural sub-Saharan Africa, where children are plentiful but clean water is scarce, the PlayPump harnessed one to provide the…”

But the pulled text begins towards the end of the article.

Running 2.5.

Thank you for reporting this. We’ve updated the extraction rules to fix issues with newrepublic.com articles. It might take an hour or so to take effect, but if you still have trouble after that, please let us know.

1 Like