Full-text for Forbes?

Forbes recently redesigned their website and I can’t figure out how to create a site config file that will work. Using Full-Text RSS 3.4, but I’ve also tried with 3.5 here on FiveFilters – no luck.

I think they may be serving all their content via Javascript (which could be the problem), but would appreciate a second opinion. I might just be doing this wrong!

Testing things with the following article: http://www.forbes.com/sites/abigailtracy/2015/08/21/its-a-verizon-world-we-just-live-in-it/

Thank you in advance for any help.

Hi Samuel, it looks that way to me too (all javascript). One quick way to test whether we can get at the content or not is to try disabling javascript in your browser and reloading the page. If the article doesn’t load without javascript, that’s an indication that our software won’t be able to access it. I just tried that on this page and nothing loaded, other than a loading animation. In most cases JS isn’t a requirement for the content itself, or if it is, there’s a non-JS version linked to in the HTML which we can tell Full-Text RSS to follow. That doesn’t seem to be the case here.

Drat, thought that might be the case. Thank you again for looking into it.

Samuel A.