Formatting issues in Substack articles on PocketBook

Hi!

I’m using PocketBook InkPad X and I sent an article [1] to my device. While overall formatting was good, the images weren’t centered horizontally and protruded past the right screen boundary, so that the rightmost part of the images were not visible.

I don’t know whether it is a PocketBook issue or a PushToKindle one. If you think that’s PocketBook’s fault, I’ll reach out to their support.

I also tried to download this article in Mobi format as a workaround, and the images were fine, but the rest of formatting was bad, especially quotes from another articles.

Thanks!

[1] Bitcoin mining and resource use - Noahpinion

Thanks for letting us know. Have you noticed this on other epub files from Push to Kindle, or just from this article/site?

It looks like it happens to other articles as well, even outside of Substack, I tried these three:

I also tried dotepub bookmarklet (I hope it’s OK to mention it here :slight_smile:) - while overall formatting was worse, the images were centered.

Thanks for the added information. And it’s perfectly fine to mention dotepub here. :slight_smile: We’ll check to see if there’s anything we can do to improve this.

1 Like

I’m also using a PocketBook InkPad X. I tried both the browser extension and the android app but it doesn’t work. Both say “sent” but nothing comes to my device. The email works fine with gmail…

Thanks for letting us know. We’re still looking into this so hopefully should have an update soon.

Hi again @nickbxl, please see our instructions here: failed to send to Pocketbook - #2 by fivefilters

Hi @PavelG, a little late, but we’ve made some changes which should fix the image issue for both Pockebook and Kobo devices. Please let us know if you still experience the image issue you described here.