Fairfax Australia websites missing full text

Love this extension, and now am a Patreon supporter.

There’s a problem with Fairfax Australia’s sites. I personally use www.theage.com.au, but www.smh.com.au is also a big one, and there are others in the network too.

The problem: When clicking the extension (Chrome Version 84.0.4147.105 (Official Build) (64-bit)
and PtK v2.2, Windows 10 Pro 2004), it leaves out the first few paragraphs of every article.

e.g. For https://www.theage.com.au/national/the-twin-baggage-of-pride-and-ideology-impeding-the-pandemic-strategy-20200716-p55cq1.html?ref=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_national, the first four paragraphs are stripped out.

The article begins with “Australia can no longer consider itself…”, but the article that PtK detects begins with “But the buck ultimately stops with…” which is the fifth paragraph.

I tried to inspect the elements, and it seems that it’s a different “section”, but I don’t understand it too much.

Would you be able to fix this somehow? Thanks!

Thank you for your support. It’s very much appreciated!

Thanks also for reporting this. We’ve now added a fix for theage.com.au which should solve this problem and improve extraction on the site more generally. It should work right now with Push to Kindle 2.2. If you’re able to try again, please let us know if you still have any issues with the site.

Thanks again!

Looks good to me. Thank you so much!