error message

Hi,

some of the feeds I use work fine but some don’t (even if from the same source):

Full-Text RSS is showing the following error:
error on line 2 at column 1: Extra content at the end of the document

Can I somehow resolve that problem?

Kind regards,

Matthias

Hi Matthias, can you give us a URL so we can see? Do these feeds work with our hosted version?

actually it looks like at least some of the feeds work with your hosted version but not with mine. E.g. theguardian.com feeds result in the following error: Warning: DOMDocument::importNode(): ID dfp-inline2 already defined in /var/www/fullRSS/libraries/readability/JSLikeHTMLElement.php on line 69
and several similar errors.
But they work fine on your hosted version.

SENNIERER

Hi Matthias, that issue was fixed in version 3.4. You can either upgrade or use the suggested fix here - http://help.fivefilters.org/customer/portal/questions/8526878-several-warnings - for the version you’re using. Let us know if you still have trouble.

Hi,

thanks for your fast answer. However, I am using 3.4. I enabled tidy and now the error changed to: error on line 2 at column 1: Extra content at the end of the document
The version check on my main page says that I am using the latest version. However, the compatibility check speaks of 3.3.

Thanks very much for your help!

Matthias

SENNIERER

Hi Matthias, can you open your copy of makefulltextfeed.php and look for libxml_use_internal_errors(true); (should be one of the first few lines of code, after the comments).

If it’s there and you still get an error, can you send us the URL to your copy of Full-Text RSS so we can test for ourselves. (You can email it to help@fivefilters.org )