Author byline not appearing in pushed article

Thanks so much for your quick response and fix to my problem pushing articles from the NY Times and The Atlantic. You asked me to report other sites where Push To Kindle misses author bylines. I tried to send to help@fivefilters.org, but it was bounced.

From a quick review of my Amazon digital content, here are some sites I push often that seem to have this problem:

www.Bostonglobe.com

www.slate.com

www.fivethirtyeight.com

www.politico.com

I did not do a fresh check on all of these sites, so it is possible some of them have been fixed or have changed since I last pushed them.

Thanks for caring about this problem! As a sometime freelance writer myself, it’s quite important to me to know who wrote an article.

Dan

Hi Dan, that’s strange, our help address does appear to be working. Not sure why it bounced for you.

As for the list of sites lacking author info, here’s a quick update:

• Boston Globe - this site currently only inserts the author using Javascript. The Push to Kindle mobile app currently ignore content that’s not available as plain HTML, so it’s not something we’re able to pull in just yet, but we have plans on improving this in a future update.

• Slate - fixed!

• FiveThirtyEight - we already pull in author info for the site, but some articles don’t list an author, only ‘FiveThirtyEight’, so perhaps you saw one of those. But we’ve improved extraction for the site in general. If you spot any articles without author, feel free to get in touch again with the article URL and we’ll take a look.

• Politico - fixed!

Thanks for reporting these. Happy to try and improve the output where we can, so feel free to post again if you spot any more issues.