Difference between fulltextrssfeed.com and five filters?

With fulltextrssfeed.com they literally have unlimited amount of feeds. I’m guessing they don’t cache the feeds on their own servers like five filters does. Is there anyway to implement what they do with the five filters php self-hosted files? I just read another post that said having it do hundreds of feeds will exhaust the server its hosted on. I definitely don’t want to do that.

What’s the big difference if you don’t mind me asking? I just hate the fact that the fulltextrssfeed.com adds their affiliate link to every single link in the RSS feed.

Hi there, I haven’t looked into it much, but I don’t think fulltextrssfeed.com’s service is very different from ours (of course we do not alter links to include affiliate codes in generated content), in fact I suspect they’re using a modified version of our code.

Regarding your question, I think you’re referring to the number of items returned for each feed. There are limits to how much can be returned per request. If you’re seeing a lot of entries for a feed, you’re probably viewing the feed inside a news reading application, e.g. Google Reader. The reason you see so many there is because Google Reader has archived older entries for that feed. Most websites which offer feeds will only return the latest 10 or so items. But if you subscribe to such a feed in a news reading application, many of them will keep older items even when they disappear from the original feed. I suspect that’s what’s happening here. If you subscribe to a generated Full-Text RSS feed in your news reading application, after a while you’ll probably see older data that’s no longer in the feed is still available to you.

Hope that’s some help.